At Social and Environmental Planning Partnerships we believe that change is successful when the people affected by it participate in shaping its direction. There are strong links between successful change, informed community engagement and sustainable communities.
Managers are dealing with the pressures of constant change and the often conflicting needs of a range of stakeholders and communities. Our aim is to help organisations, managers, communities and industry achieve successful change through integrated and inclusive community involvement. We help organisations, industry and communities to produce policies, plans and strategic directions based on community partnership and ownership, developed through positive and cooperative relationships.
We are committed to public involvement practice that:
- improves decision making
- develops partnerships between government, industry and communities
- increases the skills and capacity of agencies and communities
- enhances social capital and environmental sustainability
We work closely with our clients to offer independent and carefully tailored services and training in strategic planning, social impact assessment and community involvement in all aspects of planning.
We are able to help our clients by:
- designing and managing public involvement processes
- social impact assessment
- strategic planning and organisational change
- capacity building
- facilitating meetings and workshops
- providing nationally accredited training in facilitation and conflict resolution